OK, I'm back after 26 hours travel time...yuck. It's good to be home. On Friday I insisted that the family eat at one of our favorite Tex-Mex places. Last night we did the movie on the square with snow cones.
Guam and Saipan we're interesting and I look forward to returning and seeing more - especially Tinian. The history there is so rich. The Battle of Saipan was a turning point in the war in the pacific theater - read about it here if you don't already know about it. When visiting Suicide Cliff and Banzai Cliffs you could feel the sacredness and hallowedness of the grounds. Combined with the beautiful Japanese/Buddhist monuments to the dead - it's impossible to visit there without being touched emotionally. My life is richer for having visited. I only wish I was able to read Japanese to know what was written on the monuments.
Not to mention the people there are great. The judge's and court staff are fantastic and I look forward to working with them. I came home with over 300 photos so below are the highlights.
The Book That’s Behind It All.
4 months ago
1 comment:
What an amazing experience. Your photos are breathtaking!
Glad to hear that you are home safe.
Post a Comment