Thursday, September 4, 2008

Beauty and the Geek

This morning I demonstrated to my darling wife Google's new browser - Chrome.

Me: Check out Google's new browser - isn't it cool?!
Wife: I don't understand, don't we already have a browser?
Me: Yes, but this is new!
Wife: But it looks the same.
Me: But the underlying technology is different and it's faster! See? (I then proceed to click through to a Washington Post article.)
Wife: I don't see the difference.

Wife then walks away to dry her hair.

I'm left to ponder my state. Why do I have 5 browsers installed? Surely it's not all work related. Has my life come to this? Excitement and purpose from a new browser? Thomas Jefferson would be ashamed. I need to rethink some things...

2 comments:

jeff said...

Ha! To quote my good friend Homer Simpson. "That's funny because it's true." (I think that's at least an approximation of a quote...Homer and I haven't spent any time together in several years).

Unknown said...

YOU crack me up! I'm afraid I side with "wife". Genetics.