Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The chosen one!

On Saturday I took a bike ride with Noah. We did 15 miles which was a bit longer for him. To help the miles pass and keep his mind off of the time we'd been out, I kept talking to him. This turned out to be a great "father and son" moment for us - one that creates memories that last a life time.

During the ride, Noah confided in me he has a 6th sense about missing cracks in the road. Then he told me that it's the same 6th sense he uses in dodge ball at school. He is always the last to be hit and the coaches have even commented how good he is.

Being the hip and cool dad that I am it immediately came to my mind that he is the chosen one. But deep down I hope he aspires to more than just a dodge ball player, else he stands a good chance of realizing much less than his true potential.

No comments: