Monday, April 21, 2008

And then depresssion set in...

Since it's just after the end of the quarter my 401K and other retirement account statements are coming in the mail. They're all telling me how much money I lost. I wish there was an option to where if my investments went down they wouldn't send me the statement - then I'd only get the good news!

This morning I saw a headline where economists are saying the threat of a recession is rising. Judging from gas and food prices, the market, foreclosures, and massive layoffs - I would say that the recession is already here.

Off topic: For bragging rights. The title of this post is a quote from a movie. Can you name it? Hint - Hulka Burgers. For full fledged bragging rights with all rights and privileges, you must name the actor in the movie and the general scene.

1 comment:

burrhaz said...

Darn. It's from a movie I haven't seen, "Stripes." Bill Murray drops the line (looks like in the midst of a break up or something), but I'm not sure of the context. Liking the random lines from great movies, though.