Saturday, April 5, 2008

Musings of a Mini Maniac

Yes, I drive a Mini Cooper. 2007 Cooper S to be exact. I got the car at the wishes of my wife - it's true! I thought I would post some answers to questions that Mini owners are commonly asked.

1. Yes, I like the movie "The Italian Job" however, it was not the primary reason for purchasing the car.
2. Mileage - 30 to 40 mpg depending on how heavy I am on the gas. So in reality, about 30. ;-)
3. How does it drive? The best way to describe it - like a go-cart!
4. Yes, it is roomy and I can fit comfortably in it.

And now some confessions.

1. When "Money" by Pink Floyd comes on the radio, I tend to drive faster.
2. I find myself picking lines through traffic to get ahead. It's a bit like Pole Position except this time it's for real!
3. There is an unwritten code among Mini drivers to acknowledge one another on the road. So I find myself waving to others driving Mini's. My wife didn't believe me at first but then after driving around town now knows it's true.
4. At times I imagine hitting the e-brake and flipping a u-turn, suddenly opening my door and having that motorcycle near by slam into it. But that's a dream and I would never really do that!

In closing, I quote a wise philosopher, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

And kudos to anyone who can identify the philosopher.

3 comments:

burrhaz said...

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

jeff said...

Classic (I mean really classic) movie reference. Save Ferris! Just watched the Italian Job last night. So (at least for today) my next car will be a mini.

Dawn said...

I still can't believe you can fit in that little thing. It cracks me up that you have one!